Monday 21 April 2014

1968 Eko Kadett Bass

guitarz.blogspot.com:
We've looked at a few of these Eko Kadetts on Guitarz before, but I have a soft spot for 1960s Italian-made guitars and basses and always enjoy a bass design that owes very little to Fender's Precision or Jazz Bass. Their short scale and very thin, almost parallel along the length, necks don't make basses like this play anything like a contemporary instrument. Personally I wouldn't think a bass like this would be perform particularly well for live work, unless you're trying to play a crazy fuzz bass lead part or something. I'm not denying its coolness factor; as a former vintage Eko bass owner I will readily admit that for recording there are some very interesting tones to be had, but generally speaking I'd say this was one for the collectors.

Currently listed on eBay with a Buy It Now price of US $495.

G L Wilson

© 2014, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

3 comments:

  1. When I was 12 or 13 years old I actually owned the guitar version of this model. I was attracted by the design and very light weight body. But I must admit I spent 2 months to try to have the neck straight using the trussrod then to move the tailpiece to try to gain some clarity and accurate tuning then I sold it and bought an Epiphone! I truly was in love with that guitar but it didn't give it back to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a bit steep price - I have one and while it has that old-school sound and looks, the tension of strings is really low - it's great for fuzz soloing thou :) And that pointy thing on body eats into your arm all the time! Nice bass thou and I really like the flow of headstock design-wise

    ReplyDelete
  3. bought one last week for 100 euros. great for kriminalmusik/easy tune stuff, with flatwound strings.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis