Sunday 20 January 2013

Jolana Graziella


Czechoslovakian company Jolana released several beautiful semi-hollow body guitar models with the same outline than this Jolana Graziella, all with the same elegance and attention to details. The Graziella has this cool selector you usually find on Diamond models, and a muting system mounted on the bridge. I love the trem-tail and the F-hole binding - and the trademark headstock shape.

Bertram D

© 2013, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet looking guitar! It looks superb. The tailpiece, the selector, the raised pickups. I bet it sounds nice too. A cracker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, let me tell you, it was mediocre soundwise. ANd the bridge is a piece of crap, the worst design and construction I have ever used.
      They put slotted screws as saddles. It was challenging to setup the proper intonation and due to the screws were the saddles themselves, they could turn easily, so after some heavy bending and strumming I found myself on the stage in the middle fo the song with some of them turned enough to let the string slip off them and stuck in between the wall of the bridge and the saddles. The guitar of course became unplayable until fixed it that took a couple of minites.
      When it happened 3rd time I decided to sell it rather quickly and bought a Cimar Strat copy that worked fine for many years.

      Delete
  2. It was my first electric guitar when I was 15...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Jolana Alexandra, semi-hollow, same era, maybe a little bit better body. A bridge is a shit, it's true, so I changed it for this:

    http://baowah.blog.hu/2012/04/19/uj_hid_a_jolana

    but the sound is cool, these were good, like the other german or italian collegues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much does it cost?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis